Saturday 25 April 2015

With a pinch of salt

This post is a part of my psychotherapy.
The psychologist offered to try a new media - drawing with salt. Right, I thought - why not? It should be done using table salt, some lining fabric and your hands. I have lining. Somewhere. So to make things easier I just used a non-stick baking sheat instead of fabric.


I love shadows. Who doesn't?
I was advised to use a bigger piece of fabric 1-2 square meters. But I decided to begin with what I've got. Ant take it from here.


The purpose of this exercise/task/project/whatever is to enjoy the process. Results are very unstable. Every little move affects the crystals.


The salt does stick to my hand cause it was quite warm in the kitchen.


I do enjoy the process already.


Just to get a feel of it. I have never done anything like this myself before. Only saw the Buddhist monks drawing mandalas with coloured sand. This is very similar. It is fun and meditative as well.


Using fingers. I want a bigger background already.


That's it.
Feeling the salt running through your fist is harmonious itself.



Krakatoa.
Using a stick to draw lines and shaking off damper salt of my hand.



Of course. Cat lady without cats? No way.


I get it. Usually I am too attached to the outcome. It makes me worry too much and I can't enjoy the process. That blocks my creativity. Cause creativity is free.


It is a great fun. Matthias is not quite sure what I am doing and of course - he wants to participate in this game. I must admit - I'm not good at multitasking at all. Keeping the baby busy and playing with salt - just about as much as I can take.



To be honest - I enjoyed more just looking and feeling the crystals, than the actual drawing.
Not sure if it is my cup of tea. Worth trying, but I'm not sure if I can/want take to another level.



Not so sure what I meant by "another level"... to become a professional salt artist? Sounds cool though.


Enough for one session.
My pride and joy - basil.


N.b. - I need a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment